Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Fabric-palooza!

One of the most difficult things in making my dolls different is the choice of fabric for the clothes.  I am drawn to more of the home decor fabrics- which are usually the most expensive (between $20-$40 a yard).  In discussing my dolls with a friend, I was delighted to find out that she had a garage full of decorator sample books that she had inherited from her mother (who was an interior designer).  And when I say a garage full- I mean it literally!! 

She graciously allowed me to go through the stockpile and pick what I wanted- and I could hardly contain my excitement!  These sample books are just enough material for the dolls I make...


And this isn't even half of them!  Here are a few of my favorite patterns:


Thanks Jamie!  I cannot thank you enough!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow. I could have spent an entire day in her garage. I bet a collage of her samples would make a pretty cool chair as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a bad idea- I may have to take an upholstery class...

    ReplyDelete