Monday, August 2, 2010

Blue Monday

For today's Blue Monday post (where we celebrate all things blue) I am posting some  pictures of my hometown of Grand Haven, MI.  This week residents are celebrating that wonderful time of year known to all Grand Havenites:  the annual Coast Guard Festival. 


Perhaps my love of blue was inspired early in my childhood by Lake Michigan- the way the cerulean sky (remember last weeks post!) melds into the blue waters. 


I used to spend a lot of time in cottages along the lake- and I still remember how I felt connected to the world just by listening to the methodic sound of the waves hitting the beach.  I have tried to recreate the feeling with my "environmental sound" alarm clock- but it isn't the same.  I now live on the other side of the "Big M" in Chicago, but deep down I am still a Grand Haven girl.  And I will always have a spiritual connection to this place...

No comments:

Post a Comment