Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Inspiration board

One of the ways that I remain inspired is by posting pictures to my "inspiration board"- 3 large corkboard panels I have hanging in my hallway. I know it sounds a bit corny (and yes- I do believe I got the idea from Oprah) but it is a great place for me to post things that inspire me.  It also serves to keep me connected to what is important.



The board has pictures of friends and family and magazine photos that I love, art postcards I have found at coffee shops, pictures that reflect a certain mood or pictures of interiors for my "lottery house" (wish me luck!) that I have been designing for years. I used to have stacks of photo albums full of these pictures, but I found I looked at them intermittently, which wasn't quite meeting my daily needs. So now I walk by these pictures daily.  I sometimes stop and look early in the morning before my day has begun and I always find something new and interesting to keep me thinking (positively) throughout the day.  And I have to admit- I am always amused when I have parties to see people, drinks in hand, lined up in the hallway looking at it.




3 comments:

  1. Love your boards! Love your art! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a "right-brained" visual thinker, I love this idea! It makes us truly reflect and ponder (one of my favorite words) what inspires us - what makes us feel real and alive! (We have a blog article about inspiration if you want to check it out: awakeningcenter.blogspot.com) I finally got around to seeing Alice in Wonderland (the recent one with Johnny Depp - marvelous! One scene in particular where he says to Alice "You're not so much! You've lost your muchness!" We need to find the inspiration to reclaim our Muchness!
    Love your dolls too!
    Peace,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Suzanne- I love you too! And Amy- I love the AIW quote!! I also read some of the posts on your blog and loved them- especially the one about "Stillness". I try to spend time in stillness as much as possible. It is amazing the things you will notice- a tree, the sky, the wind blowing the curtains. It makes me feel connected to the world in a special way- special because I am probably the only person noticing that particular thing at that particular time. It solidifies my connection to world. It relaxes me and makes me happy. Thanks for sharing- and I will be visiting your blog for these little "reminders"...

    ReplyDelete